Aimshout is a feature that enables limited communication with other players without needing to lower your guard by typing.
Imagine this scenario:
- You find a player, fixing their vehicle around a corner from you, they have a shotgun on their back, you have two options:
- Shoot them unprovoked like bandit scum
- Take your hand away from the fire button in order to open the chat box and attempt to communicate.
- Option 2 would be the preferable obviously, but this comes with a huge risk! What if the other player were to open fire WHILE you had the chat box open?
Aimshout is designed to fix that!
With Aimshout, you can write a short preset message that will be sent when you press the following key combo:
- Aim (Default: Right Mouse Button) + Look Behind (Default: Middle Mouse Button)
To customise your message, type "/aimshout " into the chatbox followed by a space and then your message.
A good example of an Aimshout message would be:
- "'I mean no harm. Drop your weapon & tell me your name. Don't act hostile as I have a loaded gun aimed at you!"'
Who knows, you might make a friend who can help you later on, instead of making an enemy who will kill you later on.